Tuesday, January 19, 2010

lisa solomon


:: blog ::
:: website ::

I am a mixed media artist who is deeply interested in the notion of hybridization. I think that is why I end up making all sorts of things, out of all kinds of materials, for all sorts of reasons. Since getting my MFA in 2003 I have been busy trying to make and show my work. Sometimes I am also a professor and a graphic designer. I love how teaching inspires and motivates me. I consistently attempt to give my students the tools to think creatively and solve their aesthetic problems in meaningful ways. I'm also in the midst of starting up a business that uses recycled garments and fabric as well as found vintage items.

I am fascinated by the mundane {finding beauty in the ordinary}, searching for a way to live more simply, and hoping that I can take small steps to live more sustainably. Since joining "sew green" I have tried to become more conscious of how I navigate the world - what I eat, what I wear, what small things I can do to make a difference. I'm certainly no expert on living green, but I am committed to finding greener solutions for me and my family. Mostly I've been inspired by my fellow bloggers here - the depth of their creativity and commitment to doing what they can.

I live in Oakland, California with my husband, two dogs and a cat. We had our first child [a girl] in January 2009. Having her has certainly changed my perspective and has made me more determined to do what I can to help our planet. We love to garden, sit in our sunny yard, and cook yummy food.

1 comment:

  1. The homepage shows how much effort you have made in the production process. 온라인슬롯머신주소
    I always feel gratitude and gratitude. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete