Saturday, January 30, 2010

Catherine




::blog::

A bit about me:

I'm a prairie girl, able to withstand howling winds in the bitter winter, armed only with a parka and lots of moisturizer. And warm boots, mittens, a toque, long johns, wool socks, a thick scarf and a turtleneck sweater.

Good thing I'm also a knitter.

My day job is working in a medical library, but my passion is getting dirt under my nails. I'm a gardener since age 2, who is finally making it official by taking the Master Gardener course through U of Saskatchewan's Hort Dept.

My partner and I work very hard at "walking the walk". We bought a small house in the core area, where we can walk or bike to work. We buy second-hand goods when possible, and have been slowly making our house more energy efficient. We grow as much of our own food as we can, given our short summers and tiny yard, and enjoy sourcing out the rest from local suppliers. Of course, nothing is ever that straightforward, and we often struggle with how to make the best choices with the options available.

We both believe in being active members of our neighbourhood. I'm an original board member of the Orioles Community Garden, and we volunteer on the Daniel McIntyre-St. Matthew's Community Association Greening Committee. I'm super happy to be a member of Sew Green, and to have the chance to connect with people from all over the world who care about the things that mean so much to me.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really envious of your homepage that has novel contents and purchasing power. 바둑이주소

    We look forward to your visit to our homepage. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete